Monday, October 18, 2010

NANA'S 99th BIRTHDAY PARTY


Wow, 99 years?! I can't imagine living that long and I don't think I would want to unless I could have good health and a keen mind like my Nana.

We talked one time about all the things that she has seen change in her life time and it is simply amazing. She has gone from going to church in a horse and buggy and no electricity or running water to a high tech world that can't even begin to imagine a life without a phone in their hand.

We celebrated her birthday early and it was so fun to see so many family members that I haven't seen for so long. It was great to connect with them and good friends of the family. Nana enjoyed it so much that she told my mother that it was probably one of the best birthday parties she has ever had.

I couldn't resist getting this 5 generation picture with her. It didn't quite turn out like I would have liked, but time is growing short and I felt like I needed to take advantage of the situation.

I am so grateful for my Nana and for the influence she has had on my life. She has never forgotten a birthday, anniversary or special day my whole life. I treasure my memories of her. Thanks Nana and Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

Like your blog makeover! Love the post about Nana! She is so fantastic!

Being Breta said...

Wow! I thought my Mom lived to a ripe old age...95 & a half! But your Nana takes the prize! Great 5generation picture. Enjoy her while she is still living!

Melinda said...

It is amazing that she is still with us and her mind is as sharp as a pin! It was such a fun party and so fun to see you and everyone. I was so sad that we had to leave so quickly. I could have stayed for hours.

nathan n rachel said...

Wow...look how big your grandkids are getting.

Sharon said...

Oh you are so lucky to have your sweet Nana! Your family has been blessed! Glad you celebrated BIG! So fun! XO