Sunday, January 15, 2012

NEW HOME FOR CHRISTINE AND FAMILY



We had a great time going down with Brad and Christine and helping them move into their new home in Gilbert, Arizona. It was a lot of work, but we are so glad we took the time to do it. Now we can picture her in her new home and her surroundings. The best part of all of it was the weather. We were in shorts and flip flops and enjoying high 70's to low 80's.

The area by her house is so nice. It has lots of parks and ponds, you can even go fishing in the pond if you pay for a permit. There are turtles as well as ducks in the pond as well. The boys had a blast feeding the ducks. They have a cute wading pool in walking distance of their home and a pool close by that they can drive to. We were very impressed with the area and how kind the neighbors were. We know that they will be well taken care of down there.































On New Year's you can light fireworks down there and so we bought some and set off fireworks. We were all so tired and most of us sick and so we went to bed early.


We had a great time trying out some food places that were a must. We tried out Oregano's and our favorite was Joe's Farm Grill. At Joe's he grows his own herbs and vegetables that he uses and the food was not just great but amazing! Check out these lemons I bought there for only $2.00 each.


All in all we had a great time and enjoyed the warm weather. Even Lake Powell looked inviting on a cold winter morning.


Unfortunately the good-bye was difficult. One of these days I am going to stop being teary as I look at their picture. I left part of my heart in Arizona and I miss them so much. My world just seems a little more empty without them so close by.

6 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

Great Pictures. Thanks for Sharing! Stephen

nathan n rachel said...

Cute picture at the top of the blog. I like the snapshot on the side of it too. So funny. :)

Danielle said...

Thanks for the picture of her new house! My heart broke a little when I heard she was moving away from you - I know how amazingly close your family is. I can't imagine how hard it must be to not see each other whenever you want! But, it sounds like a great opportunity for Brad and a great new adventure for the family. On the bright side - it looks like a great place for all of us to go visit! :o)

Service Friends said...

Wow - those lemons are amazing! I'm glad you were able to go help her get settled. We all miss her and the kids. I'm glad they found a good place to live. It looks nice. So glad you are blogging again!

Melinda said...

So sorry your grand kids had to move so far away!! I'm sure Christine loved having you come and help her move.

It is soo good to see you blogging again!

Libby said...

Mmm...Oreganos is our favorite Restaurant in Gilbert! I love the Pablo Picasso salad and we always order a pizookie for dessert. We haven't been to Joe's farm yet, but everyone raves about it. We'll have to eat there next time for sure.

I hope you get to visit Christine often! Hope they are doing well!