
I had the wonderful opportunity to go and sit with my Father during one of his Chemo treatments. You know, I thought my Dad was pretty incredible but after sitting with him through that I am even more impressed! He was joking with the nurses, and then he picks up the Reader's Digest and starts telling me the jokes out of that.
First they pump him full of anti-nausea medicine, then they start the Chemo, which they monitor very carefully because if it goes too fast then it could destroy his vein. After an hour or so of the Chemo medicine going in, his face turns a different color and his eyes became very heavy.
When he is done, he tells the nurses that he won't have to come in for another treatment because this one is going to do the trick and it will be his last (This was his third treatment). He left the nurse speechless.
There is not much that can stop my Dad. He told me he's still got golf courses to play!

1 comment:
I didn't know he was sick - I'll say a prayer and keep you guys in my thoughts! Sounds like he has a positive outlook, which is great!
Post a Comment