Thursday, August 14, 2008

WOW, I REALLY AM A GRANDMA!

Sorry, I wish I had pictures for this post but I have lost my camera and I am so sad!

Christine and Brad recently took a trip to Vancouver, Washington for one of Christine's friends wedding. Consequently we got to tend the boys for three days. Wow! I'm not as young as I used to be! It took both Scott and I to keep up with the two of them. I guess I really am a Grandma!

I wish I had pictures of the cute things they did. They kept us laughing and very busy. Scott and I would collapse each night with shear exhaustion. One night he was staying up to watch the Olympics and I reminded him that he better get to bed because they were already recharging for the next day.

I used to take care of my kids pretty good by myself. Daniel and Jason were 18 months apart and they were both in diapers for a while. With Carter and Easton we only had to change one child's diaper but it seemed like we were always changing a diaper. I remember it being much easier.

They were such good boys for us. We had a blast with them. I'm glad they love coming to Grandma's and Grandpa's house. I had Grandparent's that I loved to visit. I treasure those memories and I am constantly grateful for the impact my grandparents had on my life!

2 comments:

Libby said...

That will be a strange feeling to someday be the Grandma and not be able to keep up! I fear it will happen to me sooner than I ever imagine! I am struggling to keep up as a mom now, but I think I manage just because I do it every day and have now way out!

I'm so glad Daniel arrived safely and is doing so great! You did an amazing job on Breanne's cake! Beautiful! I didn't know you had this talent!

Danielle said...

Thank you for watching them so that I could spend time with my Christine! I've missed her so much!