
Well Saturday was the 30th class reunion. It's always fun to go and see how people have changed. Some age better than others! I am always amazed that the guys who were so good looking in high school are actually the ones that don't look so good now. The guys who were just okay are the better looking men now. It's a lot more fun to be with these people now though. Most everyone has relaxed enough that we can all be friends now and there is not the clicks like there used to be.
We did have two of our classmates come in late and I seriously thought, who are those teenagers crashing our party?! They look amazing! But you know money and other stuff can do that these days if you want. It seriously got me thinking, would I do surgeries and Botox if I had the money? I like looking my best. I'll be honest it's been hard to age and the thought of coming up on 50 scares me to death! But I can't help but think that being happy with who you are comes from within not what you look like on the outside. Would I really be happy if everything looked perfect? I don't think so. So I guess I will stay with my sagging boobs, my hands and face that are getting age spots and the extra lines that are across my face. I can't be dishonest and I feel like looking like something that I am not just isn't who I really am. After all, these lines on my face are well earned I think!

4 comments:
I think you're beautiful just the way you are!
Oh Jill! That one made me laugh! It is so true. There is something to be said about being happy with just the way we are! I'll keep working on aging gracefully!
You look beautiful and I would NEVER guess you could be coming up on 50. There is nooo way.
I always thought about doing a tummy tuck and what not when I lose all of my weight that I want but this week I lost a blogging friend who died from complications, I don't know what, but complications from a tummy tuck. Now, I think I can handle all of my "extras" that I will have. It is so not worth it! How do you tell your kids your mom dies over a vain and elective surgery?
I am so glad you had a great time at your reunion. I don't think I will ever go to any of mine.
Amen sister! I mean, aunt.
Post a Comment