Monday, June 1, 2009

HE DID IT


Last Thursday evening Jason graduated from High School. This is the last of my children to graduate from High School. Cumulative I have seen my kids through 36 years of school and I hope to see Daniel and Jason through college.

It was a stressful time getting Jason through to the end. He tends to put things off until the last minute and so we were sweating things out there at the end, but he did everything he needed to do and was able to enjoy that evening.

Earlier that day he went golfing with his new golf clubs (which are his graduation gift) with some of his friends. Then he came home and got ready and we went to California Pizza Kitchen with Zach Pierson and his family, Cameron's family and Parker's family. We had a great dinner and then headed to the Marriot Center for the graduation ceremony.

It was so cute, while we were taking pictures Christine and Jason wanted to pose as if Daniel was there. This is the two of them acting as if Daniel is in the middle with them. (We miss you Daniel!)

We are so proud of Jason. His plans are to work at Best Buy where he just got a promotion to full time. We are so excited because with the promotion comes tuition reimbursement and other benefits. Jason will attend UVU this fall and turn in his mission papers in October. We are also very proud of Jason graduating from Seminary!

I guess I better find another nickname for Jason. I've always called him Baby and then when he got to old I changed it to Abies so that he wouldn't be embarrassed at the name. He is definitely no longer a baby! Congratulations Jason

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Awesome time. Makes me cry that the kids left room for Daniel. Terrence got married while Tyrel and all his best friends were on missons so we blew up a head shot of them and put them on manicans! with suits and badges at the reception. We had LOL! CONGRATULATIONS to him and best of wishes throughout his life.

Steve and Jen said...

"J" you are so handsome! Congrats man on coming into a new chapter of your life!
Way to make room for Dan! The old Hawaiian saying is true "Ohana" (no one gets left behind.) That is from the movie Lilo and stitch, if ya didn't know.
Love you all!

Stephanie said...

Congrats to Jason! I loved the picture of your "three" kids, even though there was only two in it. You have an amazing family!

Libby said...

Congratulations! That is so great! And how wonderful about his promotion at work...tuition reimbursement is the way to go!!!!

I think it is still okay that you call him baby or Abie. As you know...baby was my nickname to papa joe! Nana still calls me that sometimes. I love it.

nathan n rachel said...

Ah...CPK! I wish we had them here in Iowa. Congrats on the Graduate.

Melinda said...

Wow your baby graduated! That is so great and so crazy. You are way too young for all of this. I still can't believe you are a grandma. You are just way too young.