It's official now, I am old because I am an empty nester! Jason moved out last week to an apartment in Orem. This came as somewhat of a surprise to us. I figured out one day how much it meant to him to be out on his own and so I told him to go ahead and do it if it meant that much to him. Within two days he had arranged everything and we were moving him out.
The house seems so empty and lonely. I remember the days when the two boys were young and Christine was a teenager and I would dream of this time but it all came way too fast! I long to hear all their voices together in the house again. This was the first time in 24 years that I didn't put a child in public school and I didn't do any school shopping. I guess I will have to enjoy all these things from a distance with my grandchildren.
I am happy however that all three of my children are happy and progressing forward in their lives. A mother couldn't ask anything more than that. Daniel is doing well serving the Lord and the people of Hawaii. Jason is attending UVU and working full time and is preparing to send in his mission papers next month. Christine is amazing and continues to be a wonderful wife and mother.
I guess it's time to reinvent me!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I had to laugh when you wrote about having two young boys and a teenage Christine in the house - I was in Vancouver yesterday and was just about to turn and go by and look at your old house to reminisce! Such good times - you have a fantastic family!
I don't think you're old.
When is closing a chapter in our liveever easy? I still have dreams of my kids back in the day's. I miss those little people that they were! But I LOVE having additions to the family. I always wanted more children and that's what I love about my sons having wifes. Hopefully someday my daughter will have a husband( I'll be patient. And especially those grandchildren, just can't get enough of them! HANG IN THERE!
Wow! Congrats on being a grandma again. I am so happy for you! I still can't believe you are a grandma. You just are not old enough for this.
Plus, I can't believe you are empty nesters. That just seems crazy. I am not looking forward to those days. It is scary to think I only have 5 more years before Blake moves out and goes to college. It makes me so sad.
Yeah...a new grand baby! How exciting! Congrats!!!
It is strange to me that you are already an empty nester. You are my cousin. So it makes me think that it could happen to me before I know it as well.
Have fun reinventing yourself!!!
Post a Comment