Tuesday, September 8, 2009

MY FIRST QUILT


I am so happy! I am feeling a little better from the mono and so I feel like crafting again. Just yesterday I finished my first quilt and I love it! I have a Quilt Guild that I am in and we are having a quilt show this Friday and I am so pleased that I will have one quilt to put in the show.

I picked an easy one to start with so I wouldn't get too discouraged. I loved this panel and this fabric line and the quilt did go together very fast. I loved how the quilter quilted it for me too, she did spider webs for the design.

Now the confidence is up, the adrenaline is pumping and I am anxious and ready to get to the next one!

(Just for you Daniel, I made sure I was in the picture. I realized it has been a long time since you have seen a picture of me because I am always taking the pictures and because I hate pictures of myself. So just for you there I am!)

9 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

CUTE quilt Aunt Jill. I didn't know you had mono. It's awful isn't it?

Steve and Jen said...

I love it! You finished it SOOO quickly! You DEFINITELY inspire me!!!!
Thanks for the fun craft Wed.!
Can't wait to finish our pumpkins!
Yea! For you that you are having more "feel better" days!
I love you! See you soon!

Sharon said...

I have been in quilting guilds before. They are so fun! So excited for you! And yes today I will start cutting more blocks. I have the fabric to make Mr Clark a fishing quilt --like for a year! Hey and you have your fall deco out. I think I will too! And... I wore my first sweater last week! YAY! GOTTA LOVE FALL HAVE A GOOD DAY! XO

Danielle said...

I love that quilt! I still have the quilt that Christine made me in my school colors when I went to college. Have fun making more - can't wait to see them!

Melinda said...

Wow, look at you all crafty! That is really cute. You did a great job. I am glad you are feeling better.

Mary Jo said...

Congrats, it turned out darling! Thanks for sharing your talents with me - you are the best. Here's to many more days of feeling better. I hope they stay for a LONGGGGG time. Love ya

Libby said...

Way to go Jill! It is beautiful! And I am looking at this at work and other people walking by also commented on how good it is. You are awesome!!!

Stacey said...

I love the quilt, Jill! You are so talented! Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Jill, Your blog site is so cute. Wow you keep so many secrets from me.:)I did not even know you did this. I have wanted to do something like this for a long time, just haven't taken the time to do it. I spend more time looking at everyone else s.
Great Job!! Your family is darling and oh my gosh those little grand children are adorable. Love ya