I have been so busy sewing quilts so that I could get them to the quilter's by the deadline. I made new comforters for Carter and Easton's beds and a quilt for the Sorenson's and my parents. I didn't get a picture of the boys before I took them to the quilter's. Partly because I was so sick of looking at them and partly because I forgot as I was hurrying to get them there. But here is a picture of the quilt for the Sorenson's and my parents. I think they turned out pretty good.
This was a challenge for me because a few years ago when I had my breakdown I lost all my confidence to do things like this. I have missed crafting so much and I love doing it and so I vowed I would conquer my fears and just face this challenge. I remembered the scripture that the Lord can make all weak things strong again. I have put my faith in the Lord and I keep trying to do new things. I am slowly getting my confidence back to do the things I want to do. Each new craft I get done brings me so much joy and even though all I can see are the mistakes I work on looking at what I have accomplished and that I am making this weak thing strong again with the help of the Lord.
I am so grateful for the talents the Lord has blessed me with both spiritually and physically. I am working on recognizing all of my talents and perfecting them and working on where I am weak so that I can be stronger and serve him, my family and friends better.

4 comments:
Aunt Jill...
That quilt is adorable! You are amazing.
Love it Jill! You are so inspiring! AND YES YOU CONQUERED YOU FEARS! CELEBRATE! Oh I was close by your house too this week. I would have stopped by to surprise you, but we were rushing to get out of the snow storm. LOVE YOU! I feel BLESSED to reconnect with you! You have made such a difference in my life! XO HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I'm more than amazed with your quilting projects! Way to go with all of that sewing!
Everyone will love them!
You are an AMAZING quilter Jill!!! The few you have taken pictures of are just beautiful. Way to go!
Post a Comment