Monday, July 12, 2010

I'M BACK

Wow, so much has happened since I last post anything. You realize how much happens in your life when you keep your blog up to date and then you don't and you come back and realize how much has gone on in a few short months.

Christine had another cute boy named Nile Ronald Cook. He is named Nile after his Grandpa Sorenson and Ronald after Christine's father Ron that passed away. He is a sweet tribute to these two great men.


Nile was born the day before Jason had his farewell in March. We were so sad that Christine wasn't going to make it and then she surprised us all and got released from the hospital and showed up at the church. She only stayed for Jason's talk and for Scott to sing and than she went home. We are all still amazed at the strength of this great woman!

Jason left for the MTC on April 7. He is now serving in the Texas Houston East mission and every week he amazes us with how much he is growing and learning. Jason has a huge anxiety problem and he has been valiant as he has conquered his fears and faced his anxiety head on and continues to grow and learn from the hurdles that are placed before him.

Jason is slowly getting used to new customs and cultures. He has seen shotguns propping front doors open and people with only two teeth, dead dogs on a porch and a few other things. He found some great Cajun spices one called "Slap Ya Mama" that we all got a big chuckle out of.

We are now counting the days down until Dan gets home. We only have 18 more days left and we will get to hug him after two years! Dan continues to serve valiantly and will leave Hawaii a better place for being there. Daniel got to celebrate his 21 birthday Hawaiian style and the Cloward's spoiled him with grilled steaks on their lanai.

I am so grateful for good people who love and take care of my sons!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

YAY! So glad you are up to date now, missed you! Love hearing about your missionaries and Grandbabies. You have an awesome family! Oh ya and I have 3 bottles of the "slap your mama" seasoning. He'll find even more crazy cajun stuff! A whole new culture. Like being in a different country. More stories are coming his way! Can't wait to hear that your son is home! XO

Melinda said...

Yippee! Your back! I am so glad. You have had so much happen! Nile is a doll and I can't believe Christine was able to go to part of the farewell. I hope you keep posting so we can stay connected.

Danielle said...

Welome back! And thank you for posting the picture of cute Nile - I've been dying to see a picture of him! You have such a beautiful family...thanks for the update!

The Evers said...

Hey so glad to see you are back and the exciting new addition to your family! What a cute little guy! I love his name, family names are my favorite! I cant believe Dan is almost home! Well give Christine a hug and kiss for me and Congratualtions to you all!
xoxox

nathan n rachel said...

Nile is adorable! I'm so glad she named him Nile Ronald. Very touching.

Steve and Jen said...

Yea for Nile! Yea for Dan coming home in a few short 14 days. And Yea for Jason the best missionary in Houston East Mission :-)
Love you all!

Yea for Suz's grand opening today!