Thursday, February 16, 2012

VALENTINE'S


I started making these table runners last year and they were all finished but the binding. As I stated before, the binding is my least favorite thing to do and since I got them back from the quilter's so close to Valentine's day I didn't get them finished for last year and so I finally got them done this year.



This is the scrappy back to my table throw. I love doing scrappy backs and using up all the left over fabric. I also made one for Christine but forgot to take a picture of it before I sent it to her.

I have started a tradition where I make a "Surf and Turf" Valentine's dinner for my kids. Costco always has there lobster and crab legs for sale this time of year and so I splurge and get some and make a delicious dinner.

I have found that grilling the lobster is the best. It makes it taste sooooooo good and I also cook the crab on my side burner on the grill so that my house doesn't smell like fish.

It was a little brisk doing it this year, but the end result is worth it.

For dessert it was my custard I make for my banana cream pie only I didn't make a pie crust so we just had it in bowls with fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and whipped cream. Can I just tell you how delicious it all was. The only sad thing was that Christine and her family couldn't be with us this year.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Adorable! You are really becoming an expert! And a missionary home. SIGH... What a wonderful EVENT! I'll be counting the day's with you! XO

Melinda said...

Jill! These quilts are so so cute!! Seriously, I love them. I really like the scrap back also. It's a perfect touch.

Your dinner looks so good. I need to do that next year. We all love surf and turf.

Mary Jo said...

YUM, YUM I want to come to your Valentine's dinner next year! You are the best cook. I love the table runner!