.jpg)
Twenty Eight years ago yesterday my life changed forever! My only daughter was born. After over 18 hours of labor they put the most beautiful baby on my stomach and I took one look at her and wondered what I had done. I felt so overwhelmed with the responsibility that was just given me.
She has been such a joy in my life. She has been my motivation to keep going, she has been my motivation to challenge myself because she was always challenging me!
There are not words to tell her how much I love and appreciate her. There are not enough descriptive words to tell her how proud I am of her and the life she has chosen for herself.
Christine, whatever it is I did to deserve you, I am glad I did it!
She was the first grandchild on my side of the family, and the first great grandchild for my Grandma & Grandpa Gurney (my mom's mother & father). So she has always been a little special because she was the first.
We had so much fun celebrating with her yesterday. It's a tradition in our family that the birthday person gets to choose their favorite meal. Christine chose prime rib, potatoes, green bean casserole and for dessert she wanted banana cream pie. It was so yummy, even if I do say so myself. Our mouths had been watering for days and it was great to finally sink our teeth into the meal.
My Dad and Mom joined us for dinner and then some of the rest of my family joined us for dessert. It was a great day!
Happy Birthday my daughter!

4 comments:
Happy Birthday to Christine! That was such a sweet post about her. I am glad you had such a great day with her.
Those pictures are so fun of the party. That one of your dad makes me laugh. I am happy that he is feeling so good!
You are a great mother!I remember when I spent time at your house when I was little I always thought that you two had such a fun mother daughter relationship, and friendship. I am sure it has only gotten stronger as years have passed. I think Christine is a wonderful person and you more then anyone else are responsible for how great she is! I love you both!
PS your dinner sounds fabulous and my mouth is watering!!!
Thanks Mom! That is so sweet. You are such a great mom, and I am so grateful for you and all that you do for us. I'm so grateful for how loving you are, and how caring you are of other's feelings. I love you!
Post a Comment