Sunday, September 20, 2009

CRASHING THE BOY'S DAY OUT

Last Saturday I was suppose to go to out Super Saturday while Scott took Brad, Carter and Easton out fishing for the day. As Saturday came I got up and saw what a beautiful day is was outside and I just couldn't think of being in that dreary cultural hall on such a perfectly, wonderful sunny day. So I decided to skip the Super Saturday and crash the boy outing.

I am so glad I did. I didn't regret one moment of not being out on the lake and being with some of the men in my life that I love so much.


We had a short time to fish because we wanted to get back for the BYU game at 5:00 but is was worth it. We were just about to give up on the fishing and go home when Scott reeled in a big one. Brad called it the General Sherman of fish.

The drive through the canyon was breathtaking as the leaves are changing already. Wow, where did this year go?! I'm ready to break the sweaters out!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh I can't wait to enjoy the fall leaves! Ah so glad you enjoyed your day out. Oh but I but you are gearing up for the SNOW!!!!

Melinda said...

It was a beautiful day sat wasn't it? I was shocked as I drove through provo canyon how much color there was. It was breathe taking. I love this time of year.

Libby said...

See, this is why we changed our super saturday to fabulous friday and we do it at night...6pm-11pm. Because who wants to waste a saturday inside the church gym!

It looks like it was beautiful there! And Scott is just the cutest thing on earth in that hat with his fish! I want to pinch his cute cheeks!!!

I love you idea of craft wednesday with your sisters. I wish I lived close enough to my sisters to do that! How cool and what a great bonding time!