Monday, December 15, 2008

HOORAY FOR THE SNOW!

I thought Scott was going to go crazy not being able to use his new snow blower he got this year. Men and their toys!

It was so funny how we ended up with this humongous machine. Since Daniel is not with us anymore we are minus a snow shoveler. Jason is at work so much and I am useless with my back so he decided that he needed a snow blower this year. He checked KSL.com for several weeks and came upon this one that was advertised. It was bought at the end of the season last year and had not even been used. The guy was moving to California and so he had to sell it. The price was a steal! If you have seen our house you know that we do not have that much cement to clear so I was picturing a middle of the road type of machine. It was not what I had planned on spending some money on especially with Christmas coming up, but I could tell it was important to him so we went and checked it out. I waited in the car while he went and haggled with the guy and got him down another $50.00. He came back to the car a little disappointed and told me it was not quite the machine he wanted. He was hoping to get one that was a step up from what this one was. (All this time I am picturing this middle sized machine.) I told him it was a good price and that we couldn't really afford anymore so he gave in and went and bought it. As he and the guy are wheeling it out to the car I look and could not believe my eyes!!! This thing was HUGE! What was he thinking?

Well it was worth it to see the joy on his face as he blew the first snow off our cement last Saturday. He had a blast and came in bouncing off the walls telling me how awesome this machine works, etc., etc.. Hooray for snow!

3 comments:

Libby said...

You said it right...boys and their toys. They are so crazy! I am glad Scott found something that has made him so happy!

Are Scott's and Jason's birthdays both on the 9th? That is my mom's birthday too! I hope they had a great day! (despite all the ucky stuff they had to do) You have a great family Jill.

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday to Jason and Scott! It's sounds like they had a great day...I guess! I know what it's like for a guy to have his heart set on something,aka Clay's red car. We got a plow to put on our ATV and it's been a life savor, especially since I used it twice today alone!

Melinda said...

I bet he had a blast today plowing all of the snow. We got a ton so I can only imagine how much you guys got!

I hope Jason and Scott had a great birthday. There are so many Dec birthdays in our family.