Tuesday, December 2, 2008

THANKSGIVING FEAST

Thanksgiving was a little different this year. It was the first time that all my children have not been with me for a holiday. Daniel was very much missed. I missed him hovering over me in the kitchen and salivating all over everything as he anxiously awaited the feast. Of course I didn't cook much this year, which was very different from any other Thanksgiving. Since I have Mono I barely had enough energy to get the pies made that I was assigned to bring, and even then I had to have Scott's help to finish them up.

Thanksgiving day was a beautiful day. Unfortunately by the time I got ready and got up to my parent's for the dinner I was so sick that the food didn't taste all that good. I'm sure it was wonderful though!

It was fun to see my nephew's and my niece and her new husband whom I don't get to see all that often any more. And as always it is always an honor and a privilege to share a holiday with my Nana who is 97 years old. I asked her if she ever thought she would be around to celebrate 97 Thanksgivings. She told me she had hoped she wouldn't be around for this one. Not that she isn't happy, she is just ready to go home (in heaven).


My mother made us all these turkeys which were made out of kiwis and the tails were some shells she brought home from her trip to New Zealand. She was so proud of these turkeys and threatened any of us that if we ate the kiwis while we were there she would break down and cry.

All in all it was a beautiful day.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

How in the world did you get mono? Have you been going around kissing all the boys?

Steve and Jen said...

Cute pics! Isn't Nana amazing! She is so Christlike!

Libby said...

Your mom and dad are so cute! I love their playful personalities. You mom did a great job on the little turkies!

I am so glad you guys blog and that I can come here and see pictures of your side of the family! I sure miss Nana. You are lucky to have spent the holiday with her.

I'm glad you had such a good thanksgiving...despite your illness. Hope you are feeling better!

Sharon said...

Jill, I am so sorry that you have been sick. Take care of yourself so that it doesn't linger for years to come! Love the pics! Your Mom and Dad are so sweet! And your Nana. You really are fortunate. And I will call you sometime since I know you won't be out on the town celebrating! Love ya! Sharon

Danielle said...

I love that picture of you parents - they are one fantastic looking couple! I didn't know you were sick - I hope you are feeling better soon!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I love the kiwi turkeys. :)

I hope you feel better soon. Mono is no fun.