My dilemma is this. The space for the fridge is very, very small. I can only fit a 20 cubic foot (33" wide) in the space for the fridge. To get one this small is more expensive than a bigger one by about $100.00 - $200.00. We plan to put in a new stove, microwave and dishwasher all in the stainless. My current fridge is black. Scott says that we should just keep the refrigerator we have because we can just use it as a second fridge at the next house and spend our money on a bigger fridge then. I say why not get the new fridge so that I can enjoy it? With the new fridge I could fit bigger platters and things in it instead or using the garage when it is cold or bringing up a cooler when it's warmer. When we sell the house it would be a great selling point to just leave the refrigerator with the house because nobody has one that small. (When we moved in I had to put my bigger fridge outside in the garage and buy a smaller one to put in the house.) Or if they are first time buyers they might not have a refrigerator at all.
You can see how close the fridge is to the dishwasher, so is it going to look bad to have the black fridge next to it?

What do you think? I need your advice! Stay with the black or go with the stainless and hope we get our money out of it when we sell?

5 comments:
Are you ready for my advice? I dislike my all stainless kitchen... I am constantly polishing it. I can't imagine what it would be like with my grandbabies around. Count how many times the fingerprints show on your black fridge! We are not talking once a day we are talking 2-3 times a day! I love the style of your fridge. Love the freezer on the bottom. I would never buy a side by side again. Hmmmm I'd almost say your honey is right!
I should have said that it is that stainless that is not the shiny so it doesn't show fingerprints, because I already thought of that! My black is nice because it is textured and so it doesn't show any prints. The textured stainless doesn't have to be polished with anything special either, you can clean it with whatever.
We have stainless steel appliances that have black accents (black handles, black panels, black top on the gas stove). We had to purchase a fridge for our new house, and we chose black. (The flat style with the shiny finish that shows EVERYTHING!). It looks very nice together, almost better than stainless. So, if you choose appliances with black accents, you'll be fine with a black fridge. Unless you really want a new fridge, and then I retract my statement and you can tell Scott I said it will look hideous so that you get a new fancy one!
This is a hard one, but here is my brutally honest opinion. (You know you can count on me for that.) I would be impressed to walk in to a potential home (as a buyer) and see that awesome new fridge. Your current fridge has the old bumpy style on front which is not great and I would want to replace it right away. So as a buyer I would be thinking about the additional money I would have to spend. That is just me. But I have nothing against black appliances. We also have black appliances which we chose because we didn't want to pay extra for stainless. But they are sleek and nice and I love them.
In the end, if your house is awesome and I am loving it as a buyer, I would totally overlook an old fridge. Since I have never been in your home, I don't know if it is worth it to replace the fridge or not! In this day and age of economic turmoil, I don't want to be the one encouraging you to spend a lot of money on a fridge.
Hi Jill, I say go for it! Sounds like you are going to be there for a few more years so you may as well enjoy it! (Sorry Scott)!
Who said, "Great minds think alike?" Hee! Hee!
Love Ya!
Stacey from Colorado
P.S. I am inspired by your blog! I need to have Kelly get me going!
Post a Comment