Yeah!!! Jason finally received his Eagle Scout Award last Sunday. As is with most boys, Jason left it until the last minute and we were all pulling our hair out. If you have boys, have them get their Eagle before they turn 16. After sixteen they just lose interest because there are so many distractions.
It was a nice evening and we had so many family members and friends that came to help celebrate! It is so nice to have so many family supporters!
Steve Chindgren (The Eagle Guy) came with his bald eagle named Liberty. He does a wonderful presentation liking the eagle to the eagle scout award. It is so amazing to see this bird close up! When he is done he holds the eagle in front of each of the candidates so that you can get great pictures. Steve does a show at Hogle Zoo with his eagles. I would like to go see it sometime.
We are so proud of Jason and his accomplishment. The most touching part of the evening though is that with the set of pins Jason received there is a mentor's pin. Jason can give this to someone who has helped him with his scouting or who has influenced his life. Jason thought of about three people and then he decided to give it to his brother Daniel. In his comments that night Jason announced that he was giving it to Daniel and gave a wonderful tribute to his brother and the influence Dan has had on his life. As a mother could you ask for anything more?! You always want your children to be close and to love each other so much. It was great to see Jason receive his Eagle award, but I think the best reward was brother's honoring each other and loving each other so much.

8 comments:
This is such a great accomplishment! What a huge deal! Way to go Jason! Russ got his just a few months before he left on his mission, it was so neat and we were all so proud of him and his good choices, I am sure just how you are with Jason! A proud moment for mom and dad! What a cutie he is!
WOW, that is a great accomplishment. Congratulations, AWESOME LIVE EAGLE! What a celebration!
This is so great for Jason! We are working on Blakes. He is almost ready to start his eagle and he turns 13 next month. I am so wanting scouts to be over with. So way to go for Jason.
Yea JILL! and YEA! for Jason too!
It was such a neat ceremony! And the live eagle was impressive! That beak could have easily latched on to Jason and made him squeal! HE was brave to hold so still!
So you think you have more sweaters than me???? hu? HU? DO ya?????? Well I just hit the clearance at JC Penney's and bought 5 more for next year (at 4.97 and had a 10.00 coupon) I saved $198.00! I have 3 under the bed boxes now. Should I count them? J/K I love them too!!!
Looks like Jason needs a haircut. And how dare he continue to grow after I saw him 4 years ago?
If you would like to see my family's blog (which is updated about every 6 months) it is at marshallslaw101.blogspot.com
Love you guys and Scott too. ha
Congratulations Jason! How exciting. You must be so happy Jill!
That was so awesome! I love the pictures! But I mostly loved the refreshments! I was so happy I could come!
P.S. This is Ashley not my Mom : )
Post a Comment