The first Sunday of every month my family does a dinner/family night. We each take turns hosting the dinner and everyone brings something that they are assigned to bring to help with the food. We sing Happy Birthday to everyone who is having a birthday that month (this month it is almost half the family).
April was my month to do the dinner. It is always interesting to try and fit 26 or more people in my small house, but somehow it always works out. Since Scott, Jason and I are leaving for Nauvoo and will be on the road Easter Sunday we did an early Easter celebration. We had the traditional ham dinner and then had an Easter egg hunt for the kids afterwords. I was so glad we had such nice weather for the hunt and so the kids could go outside and play, it made it a little easier on space inside.
It was a nice afternoon with everyone. The food was good, we had some good laughs like Christine fixing up Jason's hair to look like Edward's. (For those of you that don't know that is the Edward from the Twilight movie.) And most important the desserts were fantastic!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a good tradition. You are so lucky to have family around you. Oooh and the weather was actually decent. Shew. HAVE A SAFE TRIP!
Yup, the desserts were fantastic! And the food was too! And your house never feels small with all of us there. Thanks for being a great host! I need copies of your pics, I forgot my cam.
Fun memories! And the name is Nun Famada
(remember me and Jason talking about it?)
Ha ha ha! Hope you are loving Nauvoo!
The desserts made their way down here after your guy's party. I just saw that same cake in your picture at my parents house last night! :)
You guys have such a fun family. I love looking at pictures of when you all get together.
Aunt Jill...I live 2 hours from Nauvoo! When are you going? Or have you already gone?
Rachel
Post a Comment