Monday, January 12, 2009

THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES

Jason had the opportunity through Best Buy and Sony to purchase a t.v. at 60% off the price. Because it was Christmas time their prices were already lowered for sales so we got a GREAT deal on this t.v.

We were all in agreement that we needed a new t.v.. Ours was about 12 years old and was small for the room it was in. We had been eying a big screen for a few years but just couldn't justify putting out that much money. But at 60% off, we took the leap.

The battle came in the size it should be. Scott and Jason wanted a 52". I told them that it would over take the whole room. I was going for a 42". I told them that would be big enough for our family room. The battle continued for weeks until we finally decided to meet in the middle and go for a 46".

The thing is huge! It takes up the whole cabinet that it sits on and it seems to completely take up the room. It is nice though, and with the surround sound we have you can almost feel like you are at a theater! Pop some popcorn and get your diet coke and wow!

I still think it is too big, but when we move into another house, which I hope is soon, it will probably fit our new family room just right. In our new house, which is only in my dreams right now, I WILL have a bigger family room and kitchen so that we all fit for family dinners and get-together's!

(Daniel, you will appreciate the golf pictures I took that were on the t.v.. It was a tournament in Hawaii! We thought of you the whole time! Next week the tournament will be on Oahu, this last one was on Maui.)

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey that is a great tv. We have had the battle over here also with the dang tv. Jason has won both times. I want MUCH smaller and he wants huge.

Those are great pictures of Dan. It looks like he is having a a good time on his mission.

Sharon said...

Hi Ms. Jill! You make me Laugh! I nearly fell over when you posted about the TV! We just had that same dilema except for a tv for our room I wanted a 12" and we ended up with a 32" He always wins! Keep patient in your suffering. It will be spring before you know it. I'll keep you in my prayers!
Sharon

Libby said...

Wow, I didn't realize how behind on your blog I was. I don't even know where to start!

Fun to have a new TV. It looks awesome! Boys are so funny with electronics.

The new cars are wonderful as well! Scott is such a sweet dad to give the boys the better car. It so sounds like him.

I am so happy to hear that Dan is doing to well on the Mission! That is so great! What an amazing experience he must be having.