Friday, March 6, 2009

IT ALL CAME TOO FAST!



Two days ago Jason brought home a box with his graduation announcements in them. I sat down and had a good cry.



I remember the days when I was changing diapers on two kids, Christine was struggling with her teenage years and I longed for the day when I would be all done. Now that it is here I don't know what to do with myself. Not that there isn't a lot to do, but I am just not needed by my children like I used to be. There schedules don't determine my days and my nights. Somehow it just isn't as glamorous as I envisioned it to be!

Well, I guess it's time to start reinventing me and my life without children in the house.

4 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

Good attitude! I like the word reinventing! You are still needed-just in a different way! Funny how we want what we don't have. You are a fantastic mom, and now you just get to spoil your grandkids. We need to get together more! Thanks for the invite the other day to your scrapbook gathering!

Sharon said...

Oh manno' I remember those day's. Lots of tears! I sobbed like a baby every year my kids had their first day of school. And when the last one graduated it started a new chapter in life. HEARTWRENCHING! I UNDERSTAND!! You can be a ballbaby! Oh and by the way... I was just being nice by not taking a picture of "BIG BERTHA'S-- BUTT! I didn't even say BUTT on my blog. That's why her name is BERTHA!

Melinda said...

Wow, your baby is graduating! That is so crazy. I remember when you guys would come and visit and go to dland and they were soo little!

Danielle said...

Congratulations on raising three amazing children!