
Scott got in an accident just before Christmas in that bad snow storm and it totaled his Mercury. No sadness on my part, but it was his Dad's car and there was some sentimentality for Scott. Scott was fine, but the car was gone so we got a rental. Meanwhile, Jason's car would no longer past inspection and it would take more money than it was worth to hopefully get it running. Then the power steering went out on my car. Could we have had worse luck with all of our cars all at once?
So we headed out to visit Brad to buy Scott a car and a car for Jason and then for Daniel when he returns. (Jason is helping with the payments for his car. We don't spoil him that much, contrary to what you might hear.)
So here is Scott's new (used) car. Wow am I glad that we have a Honda again! I love Honda's. They just last long and are good, good cars! It's a 2002 Honda Accord and drives so much better than that Mercury he's been driving for the past couple of years. He has been through three cars in the past 6 years. This one better last longer!
This one is Jason's and Daniel's car. It's a Corolla and is in very good shape! Jason is taking it down to have his new stereo taken out of his old car and put in this one this week. I told him that I better not ever hear his stereo up so loud that it shakes the windows when he drives by or he will have it taken away. (That is a big pet peeve of mine!) This actually was the car we bought for Scott because it is newer and has fewer miles on it. But Scott being the kind, giving father that he is said he would rather have the Honda and gave the better car to the boys. It really is a nice car and drives so good! You push on the gas and it about throws you through the back seat it has so much power! (Another reason I was concerned about giving this car to Jason instead of Scott!)
Well with the insurance settlement on Scott's car we only ended up paying for one of the cars. My car will be fixed and almost like new today. The rental car goes back today and so tomorrow instead of having six cars here we will only have five. Oh, did I forget to say that Brad brought a car and left it here to sell along with the old Honda of Daniel and Jason's. (We live on a busy road and it is a great place to sell anything! Great garage sale area!) It's actually quite hilarious. Scott plowed a place for both cars on the grass in front. We already got comments about people seeing him plowing his grass and asking if he is just having so much fun with his new snow blower. With all these cars around, I am beginning to wonder what the neighbors are going to think!
Well, I have probably bored you all to death. I do this more for Daniel than anyone else so sorry. Here is hoping that these cars will last a very, very long time! I hate car problems!

4 comments:
lol, I remember the times and the car dilemas with the kids--after both boys wrecked our 2 newest. Shew that's over! And now my dilema is NO CAR! We took it and left it to be fixed while in Utah. Came home and took it back... A transmission leak that wasn't there before. I'm grounded. Can I borrow one of your cars and could you bring it to me!!j/k
I am so so so so so jealous you are going to Wicked!!!! I tried to get tickets and couldn't! You will love it. I saw it in LA and it is so great.
We had the same thing with cars over the summer. We were selling two and buying a newer one. It was pretty funny to see 6 cars in the drive way with 2 drivers.
Congrats on solving your car problems! I agree car problems, death and computer issues are hard things! So, fun about your new additions! Jase you are SO stinkin lucky! Hope you are having a good week! We missed you at the NUN famada (Nunley family monthly dinner.)
lots and lots of LOL thanks for your comments! You are so fun! Hope your mono is getting better and your getting back to yourself. Hang in there!
p.s the car is fixed...Yay!
Post a Comment